Sunday, May 5, 2013

Final Reminder!

I hate things that come in the mail that say 'Final Notice' or 'Final Reminder' - they're often things that will hurt my bank account!

But this will be my final reminder - for my knitting course in Hanmer from the 17-19th of May as the sign ups close this week!

So, it's now or never (well, till next time anyway!)


Course - Beginner Knitting – seamlessly and speedily. In this course Julia will introduce the basics of knitting in the round including:
  • How to use circular needles
  • How to read a pattern
  • Knitting basics – knit, purl, increasing, casting on and off
  • How to fix mistakes
  • How to check gauge
  • Useful links and resources
  • How to wind yarn into a ball from a skein
  • Julia will also give a demonstration of how to dye yarn yourself using things you have at home
  • Students will be working through a pattern for a child’s garment written by Julia with the aim of completing it over the weekend.
But wait, there's more! I have a wonderful friend who happens to live in Christchurch and is a very talented knitter and yarn dyer - so Rachel Booker, of Featherbrush Yarns, will be joining me for the weekend! I'm so excited about that!

Don't worry that you'll be bored if you know the basics, I have plenty of tricks up my sleeve to teach how to knit speedily. I'll also be teaching Continental knitting (which I have somehow omitted in my blurbs!), which is a different way of knitting for most people.

Sign up information is HERE. The cost for the course is $110.

No comments:

Post a Comment